Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Quilt of Valor

In 2013, someone forwarded me information about the Quilts of Valor Foundation and all that they do.  They provide quilts to service members touched by war.  When I saw this, I was hooked.  I have made numerous blocks and submitted to online quilts across the country who have requested them, but I hadn't made one myself.  

Well now I can say I did.  This is for a friend's husband, Major in USMC, who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.  It was presented last week, but he did not want his photo taken.  

I took this photo before it was presented.



The fabric was in my stash left over from previous quilts.  The pattern I had put to graph paper and was looking for someone special to make it for.  It was quilted by the talented, Melissa Kelley of Sew Shabby Quilting.  Plus...I sewed the binding on with my new machine.

He sent me this note of thanks:

A Heartfelt Thanks

I wanted to write and thank you for the beautiful blanket you made! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to offer that kind of rememberance to not only me, but to ALL the men and women that put on a uniform and protect this great country of ours!  Its people like you that make doing the job that they do just a little bit easier once we are home.  I will proudly display this blanket in our home and make sure that everyone that walks in knows that there is people out there like you that care!
Again thank you VERY MUCH!


This quilt is just a small token of thanks for all that he did and sacrificed for our great country.

If you'd like to learn more about Quilts of Valor, please go to their website and check it out.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please stop back again.

TTFN! 

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to receive comments. Please leave them below. Thanks!