Thursday, October 17, 2013

Marine T-Shirt Quilt No2

As you know from my previous post, I have been working tirelessly on some t-shirt quilts for a Retired Marine.  There was originally suppose to be one king size quilt.  HOWEVER, there were so many t-shirts, that I had to make a second one for him.  

All the prep work of the t-shirts on this one -- cutting, ironing and interfacing (Pellon #931TD Fusible Midweight--  was done in preparation for the first quilt; BONUS!   So all I had to do was lay them out, trim and sew; then add the border.  I have to admit, this one was actually a bit harder to layout than the first and I really struggled with the border.  

After much deliberation...this past weekend, the second quilt top was completed!



Shhh... Jim has not seen this one either and I want it to be a complete surprise!  Hehe! ;)

The borders are from his actual Marine fatigues.  



There is actually a really tiny "USMC" printed in the fabric design throughout.  Pretty cool, ay?

The top measures 75x92.  

The back is Uncle Sam Stars Patchwork in Red from Fabric.com.  I thought this was appropriate since the marine colors are red & gold, and I thought the stars felt very patriotic.

Now, it's in the talented hands of longarmer, Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting.  I so cannot wait to see this quilt finished in a few weeks.  

I am now on the hunt for some great places to photograph both quilts when they are completed in a few weeks.  Any suggestions?  

Stay tuned for more updates!

TTFN! 

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to receive comments. Please leave them below. Thanks!