Monday, September 9, 2013

"All Business" Medallion

I've had this pattern in my head for some time and finally got to scribble it on paper a few weeks ago.  Then I drew it out on graph paper to play with measurements; yes math time!



It's pretty easy.  

I'm going to use this for my SURMA Medallion, but one could use it for a pillow front OR make several to create a quilt.   I'm working on sketching out a few quilt ideas along with some additional fabric measurements to go with them, but that will be a different quilt.  



The medallion will travel to 9 other amazing quilters who will each add a border and I will receive a finished quilt top sometime next summer.  These ladies are SUPER talented, so I am very excited to have something that they all worked on.

Picked the fabric from my stash and then sewed the block together in less than an hour.




TaDa!  It's complete.  The medallion and a small journal are in the mail to the next person.

I'm really excited to see what these amazing ladies create.

I hope you will continue to follow me for more updates on the Medallion's progression and other project posts to come.

TTFN!


Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to receive comments. Please leave them below. Thanks!